Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Mother’s lullaby

My mother’s lullaby

I recall but faintly, those nights
Little I was, cuddling my mother
For she with her tender love
Nourished and nurtured me
With Mother love,
The Blessing of Al mighty
With Merciful love
I recall in her nightingale voice
She read me ayats and Duas
She though my innocent heart
if not my tender mind
I recall those night
When angles descended
To witness this Blessed love
They too swing
like the swerving dervishes
with my mothers duas and munajats
The Ayat Al Kursi, the Three Khuls
Darood to my Beloved Mustafa
The divine Asma ul Huna
Call upon His mercy @ depth on night.
Clinging to my mothers Nightingale voice
Repeating in the broken lines
Or try to, little I was
Drift into heavens of my mother
Accompanies by angles in sleep
For they too find peace within
The peace of Holy Words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter